8.8" Wireless Apple CarPlay + Android Auto GPS Navigation Head Unit Screen for BMW Series 3 5 E60 E61 E63 E64 M6 E90 E91 E92 E93 M3 Upgrade
May be you like
You can use CarPlay and Android auto without changing the original car screen. Plug and play. BUY IT NOW
Applicable models and yearsFor CCC system with OEM 6.5/8.8 screen
BMW 5 Series E60/E61 2003-2008
BMW 6 Series E63/E64 2003-2008
BMW 3 Series E90/E91/E92/E93 2005-2008
BMW M6 M5 M3 2004-2009
For CIC system with OEM 6.5/8.8 screen
BMW 5 Series E60/E61 2008-2010
BMW 6 Series E63/E64 2008-2010
BMW 3 Series E90/E91/E92/E93 2008-2013
BMW M6 M5 M3 2009-2012
This is a multimedia touch screen with built-in compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Google Android auto. It will replace your OEM screen and add the following features to your car:
- Apple CarPlay (wired and wireless)
- Android Auto (wired)
- Play video or music from USB
The head unit Built-in microphone and supports Siri and Google Assistant either via voice keyword (‘Hey Siri’ / ‘Okay Google’) or by long-pressing the steering wheel voice button.
- This unit is not an Android system. It must be connected to your phone (wired or wireless) to use CarPlay and Android auto functions. Without a mobile phone connected, you can only use the OEM system or simple music and video playback functions.
- This unit outputs sound through AUX, please confirm that your car has AUX function before ordering.
- This unit does not support AirPlay and screen mirroring.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
While the unit (CarPlay Head unit) is inactive, the original video signal is passed unchanged and your car works as before.
After activating the CarPlay Head unit, the CarPlay unit video signal is shown on the display instead.
When you reverse the car while using the CarPlay system, the system will automatically switch to the camera without manual operation.
You can easily switch back and forth between the box and your original head unit. (TIPS: Press and hold the “Menu” key to switch the system)
Using the CarPlay Head unit is optional and should be seen as an add-on and not as a replacement.
- Plug and play, no coding.
- Compatible with all original OEM features. Contains steering wheel buttons, iDrive knobs, parking sensors, cameras, and more.
- Switch to CarPlay or original system freely (press “Menu” Button on iDrive controller over 2 seconds to switch between two system easily).
- Wireless or Wired Apple CarPlay(AirPlay is unavailable)
- Wired Android auto(Screen mirroring is unavailable)
- Siri voice control, knobs, buttons or touchscreen
- Compatible original parking sensors
- Compatible original cameras and aftermarket cameras(Front camera, Rear camera and 360-degree camera. Automatic switching when reversing)
Single Package Size: 32cm*20cm*16cm
Single gross weight: 3KG
- 1 * Touch Screen
- 1 * Power Cable
- 1 * USB Cable
SCREENSHOT OF SETTINGS:
The countries we can currently send to include the United States, the European Union, Russia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea. Customers in other countries please consult online customer service.
Shipping cost: We offer FREE international shipping as standard
Tax: No Tax / No VAT
Order processing time: 1-2 working days
|Shipping country list||
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech，Cyprus,
NO TAX / NO VAT
|North America||United States||
NO TAX / NO VAT
NO TAX / NO VAT
|Asia||Japan, South Korea, Singapore||
NO TAX / NO VAT
We currently maintain cooperative relationships with 4PX, DHL, CNE and UPS. Our commitment to our customers is to assure the delivery reaches its destination in the quickest manner with the lowest cost.
After the package is sent, you will receive an email with shipping information.
At the same time, we will also provide you with a Logistics tracking number through paypal.
Of course, you can also enter the logistics tracking number to query logistics information through the logistics website:
Errors & Omissions for Transportation
We do our best to ensure that the goods arrive the customers safely.
If you find any omissions or damages during the receipt, please keep the outer packaging in time and contact us via email (email@example.com) or messenger and provide us with evidence.
If the logistics information shows the receipt, but you did not get your product, please contact your local logistics service provider (local post) in time. And provide us with the corresponding evidence, and we will make an inquiry for you.
All claims for loss, damage or delay must be filed within twenty (20) days following the date of delivery or the date on which delivery should have occurred .
Under normal circumstances, we will provide you with a solution within 60 days.
Taxes and Duties
If you choose to send from China, the seller will be responsible for paying taxes. When the goods are delivered to you, you do not need to pay any customs duties.
If you choose to send from Germany,once the parcel reaches its destination country that your order may be subject to customs or import duties that are charged .
According to laws and regulations, these fees need to be paid by the recipient, and we cannot control the specific amount, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country.Customs duty is charged as a percentage of the total value of the goods. The specific ratio will vary according to the policy of the country being sent, but on average is between 3% and 9%.
We generally try to reduce the declared value of the package to reduce taxes and fees, but you may still need to pay a small amount of customs fees.The proportion of this situation is about 1%, so you don't need to worry about it.
If you have other questions, please be sure to contact us：firstname.lastname@example.org
All Andream units include a 2-year limited warranty.Some products only provide one-year maintenance service, please refer to the product page for details.
Within 2 year after you get the product, if your item(s) are broken or defective, You just need to return it and we will send you a brand new unit. For warranty support, please email us at email@example.com.
This limited warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, accidental damage, or when repairs have been made or attempted by anyone other than Andream INC. No liability on this warranty shall be incurred in the respect to damage or loss occurring during transit to or from the purchaser. This warranty is personal to the original purchaser and is nontransferable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
I got this unit for my 2007 530i that has M-ASK/CCC radio without navigation and manual transmission. I also ordered a backup camera to go with it. The install is pretty easy, but the backup camera was more difficult. I'll leave my review of the backup camera on that product page. This review is just for the CarPlay headunit.
There are some minor problems with this CarPlay/Android Auto unit that hopefully will be fixed in the future:
1. The up and down arrows on the steering don't do anything in CarPlay/Android Auto mode, but all the other steering wheel controls work fine.
2. The aux input switching in "auto" mode is unreliable so I set it to manual and use the steering wheel button to change it as necessary.
3. The audio volume can be inconsistent. Sometimes it is way too loud, other times it is too quiet. Doesn't happen that often though.
4. The Bluetooth connection to the unit works (shows as CAR-KIT), but the Android Auto Phone app says that Bluetooth is disconnected even though it is working.
5. There is noticeable lag in the controls from the iDrive knob and sometimes the inputs are not detected correctly (cursor goes the wrong direction).
6. The audio output from the unit goes into the AUX inputs on the back of the radio (which requires the radio to stay on AUX when using the system) but the left and right signals are swapped inside the harness. I fixed it by swapping the left and right pins inside the plug at the radio end. Easy thing to test, not sure how they got this wrong.
7. The screen is very glossy and it catches the sun. I have ordered some matte screen protectors which hopefully will help.
8. The USB plug that is required for Android Auto is just hanging out of my dash. There's no professional looking way to mount it. It would be nice if the kit included a replacement pocket for under the radio with USB port mounted inside.
9. Audio playback through Android Auto only works while the unit is active. If you switch to factory screen, the audio stops. It would be nice to have a way to keep the audio playing.
10. The harness included in the kit has some flex to the latching mechanism which allows it to snap into place without actually being fully inserted. In my case I lost all audio output except subwoofers. It took me a minute to notice that the large square plug was about 1 mm out on one corner. If you pay attention during install, it's not a problem.
11. Technical support is good but not great. There's no documentation included with this kit at all, zero, zip, nada. Be prepared to figure things out yourself. There are some good YouTube videos showing how it all goes together though.
Now for the good:
1. This is a huge improvement from factory look, really helps you forget you're driving a 15+ year old car.
2. Sound quality through Android Auto is very good, noticeably better than my cheap Bluetooth adapter I was using. Also this kit does not disable the existing headphone jack AUX input if you have one from the factory.
3. The screen looks professional and Waze, Spotify and Google Maps all work and look great.
4. It is surprising how well the factory controls work to control Android Auto. Even if they don't work 100% the touchscreen always works.
5. The USB plug used for Android Auto and CarPlay does charge the phone (though I'm not sure how fast it can charge).
6. This unit has it's own Bluetooth which works far better than the build in Bluetooth from BMW. It does not require you to deactivate the system that came with the car, but you should probably unpair from it and use either this one or that one but not both.
Overall, it's an excellent value with potential to become even better!
I was wondering which system to buy, very pleased with the option I decided of Apple car play & android auto over the full android system for my car upgrade as having more options and can only get better.. Andream have been very busy in helping from the time of purchase to the delivery an now with advice on install there very responsive to the chat room on anything that you have concerns about pleased that I bought from this company thanks for everything you have advised me.. Totally recommend
In my previous review, I mentioned about not be able to make iDrive work under "factory setting". Actually, I didn't scroll down to see ccc iDrive type. After I found it, and made the selection, iDrive works well. Sorry about the misinformation, and hope other buyers go smoothly.
The purchase process is straightforward, the shipping tracking is timely, I received the order within 10 days. I wish it came with a written installation manual, however I emailed Mr. Wang, he emailed it to me with links for two helpful videos. I installed the new screen and the harness without manual, the system is working.
But, I couldn't use my iDrive to select icons on the carplay screen. I entered the password for the factory setting, but didn't see the selection for iDrive as shown on the manual. I am contacting Mr. Wang to find out whether there are alternative methods. I attached a picture of the factory setting (password 1368) where no iDrive selection (A/B) was shown, also a picture of carplay screen where I wish to be able to turn iDrive button to select icons. Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks.
Overall, very satisfied with this unit. Steven H already covered everything.
1. Addition to his thorough review, I will add that the unit doesn't fit the hump perfectly and there is a little gap between the dash and the unit. The plastic around that area is much harder on the OEM unit and is formed better.
2. Also, for an e90/e92, the quadlock connector is too big for the space behind the head unit. You have to squeeze it off to the side behind the footwell cover area and there is only one angle where the connector would fit through that space. It would have been easier if the cable/harness was a little longer.
3. As everyone else has already mentioned, the package doesn't come with instructions. There's a little post card you scan and it goes to their website. When you're at the website, pay attention to the FAQ section, the answers are in there but I didn't like the fact I had to go on a hunting expedition to find simple answers that should have been printed for easy reference.
4. The most irritating thing as Steven H mentioned is that when you switch to the factory screen, the audio stops. I also went with the backup camera and the audio also abruptly cuts out while in reverse. It takes away from the OEM feel.
I've been running the unit for 2 days and it has transformed my old CCC equipped M3. The wireless CarPlay connects consistently and quickly. The audio quality is good, no complaints there but I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile. I care more about the sounds of the high rev'ing V8 which is why I went with the base HiFi instead of EPS when I ordered the car almost 13 years ago. I would recommend this unit for anyone looking to add CarPlay to their CCC.